Notice of the Haikou Maritime Court on the adjustment of litigation matters during the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia epidemic
According to the notices of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the State Council, the Supreme People's Court, Hainan Provincial Party Committee and Hainan Higher People's Court on the prevention and control of the novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia epidemic, for properly handling the work of Haikou Maritime Court during the outbreak, reducing the risk of turnover and contagion from litigation activities, blocking the transmission route of the epidemic, and effectively protecting the legitimate rights and interests of litigant participants, the court hereby adjusts the relevant litigation matters during the prevention and control period of the epidemic as follows:
- According to the relevant notice issued by the general office of the State Council, since the Spring Festival holiday of 2020 has been extended to February 2, the hearing, mediation, pre-court meeting and other litigation activities scheduled by the court on January 31 to February 2 have all been cancelled. If there is any court hearing confirmed by announcement, it will be postponed to February 3 according to law. The court will further notify the subsequent arrangements for the other cancelled litigation activities such as the hearing, mediation, and pre-court meeting, etc.
- If the parties/agents need to apply for filing a case to the court recently, the court recommends to file online and cross-region through “Hainan micro court” in the applet of WeChat. For other matters or to contact the judge of the court, please call the litigation service hotline: 0898-66160122.
- If the parties/agents need to apply to the court for preservation of property, evidence and behavior before litigation recently, the court recommends to submit the application materials through network, fax and other channels in advance, and submit the original materials such as L/G (letter of guarantee) by mail.
- If the parties/agents are currently under treatment or isolation for the novel coronavirus-infected pneumonia, or in an area seriously affected by the epidemic and cannot attend the hearing, due to these reasonable reasons, the parties/agents can apply to the court for an extension of the hearing according to law.
- The parties/agents who come to the court to participate in the litigation activities recently, please cooperate with the security staff for the prevention work and make sure to wear masks and other relevant personal protective measures.
Haikou Maritime Court of PRC
January 29, 2020